Saturday, September 6, 2008

Midlife crisis...

Yes thats what this blog is about... Our midlife crisis...

We have both gotten of our arses and bought bikes and enjoy every spare minute travelling Tasmania.
We have made some awesome friends and will be posting pics of different bikes and places that we have visited on our journeys.

Mark is on his second bike after starting out with an RG250... 2 stroke... ikk but after much nagging from me sold it and bought a Suzuki 250 Across.. much more user friendly... and nowhere near as bloody noisy...(much to our neighbours delight!)

So at the moment I am uploading a youtube moviefile to show you what I test rode yesterday....

We also have an abundance of photos that I have to work out how to resize to post here as I am on the laptop now after retiring the dinosaur that died a tragic death a few weeks ago...

I am about to go out to the other side of town to meet up with my ex husband to run him through the provisional testing site. I passed this last June and have helped others by being able to show them through the course and put thier mind at ease come the big day they have to do thier assesment..

I am currently riding a suzuki intruder 250 and altho I loved it at first and my dream was to always ride a cruiser but I have now decided the 'dyke bike' will be going as soon as I am off my provisional status.. I was a bee's dick away from buying the bike in the you tube file yesterday as I fell in love with it instantly and was even worse after being allowed to test ride it even though it wasnt lam's approved... But sadly due to the fact insurance wouldnt cover me incase of an accident I have admitted defeat and will wait til June next year to buy the bike I would really like..
Mind you I have changed my mind about 10 times as to what I would like to ride.... So probably by then I would have found numerous other bikes I would like to own...

So here's to a lifetime of scotch and dry and a powerful throbbing engine between my legs.. hehe

Cheers and welcome....

This is me coming back from a test ride on a 2003 suzuki Sv650s unfortunately not Lam's approved...

1 comment:

maria said...

Well, I'm impressed by that footage Nannette, I watched it 3 times!

I wouldn't know the first thing about riding a bike.

My husband used to be a long-bearded biker in his previous life and he owned a custom made outfit.

I'm not sure what LAM's means, but it's probably and official body?